The Trouble With Lily pt 4


“Franklin, no need for apologies, you only did what I wanted to do when I saw him with the blonde in our car.”
“Well Miss, that’s why I’m sorry. I’m sorry you didn’t get the pleasure or satisfaction I did from decking the ass.”
This made Lily laugh for the first time tonight. “Thank you, Franklin, I needed that.” She recited the address to Franklin. “Please send a car around when the storm let’s up,” she added as she sat on Scott’s sofa and rested her head in her hands.
“Of course, Miss. Please check-in often. Don’t make me worry about your safety.”
“Of course. Goodnight Franklin.”
“Goodnight Miss Lily.”
Lily set her phone down beside her on the couch as Rascal jumped up on the couch and nuzzled her, sensing her sadness. She brushed his spotted fur, still damp from the snow, with her fingers. “You’re a cute little mutt aren’t you,” she told him.
“Yes, he is, he practically stole my heart the moment I laid eyes on him,” Scott said from behind her.
Lily jumped a little, startled by his presence as she hadn’t even heard him come down the stairs. “Oh my!” She exclaimed, “you frightened me. You sure do walk quietly.”
Just then, they were all startled by her purse falling on it’s side and the little calico kitten jumping out of it. “Is this your kitten you were chasing,” Scott asked.
“Well he wasn’t mine, but I guess he is now. I just couldn’t leave him in the cold.” She said as Scott picked up the little calico before Rascal could chase him off through the house.
“I hate to contradict you, but I think your kitten is a her,” Scott said, “most calicos are female, while it’s not unheard of to have a male calico, it’s extremely rare.” Scott was looking at the kitten’s rear end as he continued talking, “and as you can see here,” he said showing Lily the kitten’s belly, “she has no balls.”
“You sure do know a lot about cats,” Lily laughed. “Looks like Rascal wants to play with her.” She added, pointing to Rascal as he attempted to climb up Scott’s leg to see the new intruder into his domain.

Comments

Popular Posts